A Special Education Parent and Family Partner DOES:
· Work with parents/guardians at no cost to them.
· Provide an impartial listening ear.
· Ask questions to help the parent/guardian identify and clarify concerns.
· Explain and help parents/guardians to understand the IEP process and navigate the school system.
· May accompany the parent/guardian to an IEP meeting or another meeting related to their child’s special education services.
· Support and empower the parent/guardian as the advocate for their child.
· Maintain confidentiality of the family being served.
A Special Education Parent and Family Partner DOES NOT:
· Provide legal advice.
· Advocate or speak for the parent.
Current MLSD Parent and Family Partners
Contact Information: Email [email protected]
Shawn and Shauna Merritt
Tawni Barlow, Student Services Director
email: [email protected]