In the event of inclement weather, the Medical Lake School District will make a determination for a late start or closure by 5:30 am if possible. The decision will be communicated through Parent Square, our main District website, local news stations, and Facebook. Parent Square pulls phone and email data from Skyward. Please take a moment to check your contact information in Skyward Family Access to ensure the messages are being delivered correctly. Please note, that it can take up to 45 minutes for Parent Square to complete a communication cycle to all families, staff and local media.
2 HOUR LATE START DETAILS
If inclement weather makes roads unsafe necessitating a late start for personal and district transportation, schools will begin 2 hours late, 1 hour on Friday. (please note, Friday's are already a 1 hour late start, therefore, a delay on Friday would be 1 additional hour) The times below will be applicable Monday - Friday.
- Medical Lake High School will begin at 9:55 am
- Medical Lake Middle School will begin at 9:55 am
- Hallett Elementary will begin at 10:30 am
- Michael Anderson Elementary will begin at 11:15 am.
- There will be no morning or afternoon Skills Center buses.
- Morning Preschool at Michael Anderson Elementary and Hallett Elementary will be canceled.
- Zero hour classes at Medical Lake High School will be canceled.
- No breakfast will be served.
If inclement weather prohibits the safe travel of roads throughout our district, then schools will be closed for the day.
- Nutrition Services will not be providing meals.
- Scheduled activities and extracurricular activities are canceled.
SCHOOL BUSES RUNNING ON SNOW ROUTES
Occasionally inclement weather creates a need to modify our school bus routes.
- Buses may run up to 2 hours late anytime the snow routes are used, up to 1 hour on Friday.
- Buses transporting special needs students will run 2 hours late but will not be going into driveways. Parents may be asked to bring students out to the plowed roads.
- Buses serving Fairchild Air Force Base will run regular routes 2 hours late unless announced otherwise.
- Midday pre-school buses will be canceled.
- In-town Medical Lake and Fox Hollow/Fox Ridge routes will run usual stops 2 hours late.
- Click HERE for schedules of buses picking up rural students or students outside of Fairchild.
FOX HOLLOW/FOX RIDGE
November 1 2022 through March 31, 2023, we will offer high school students within the walk zone transportation on the current buses in the Fox Hollow/Fox Ridge areas during the morning routes only. Please note, due to routes being combined for staffing shortages, high school students within the walk zone will only be allowed to ride if the bus is not full.
- Bus #4 ~ Wilcox/Ryan @ 7:36 am
- Bus #4 ~ Fox Ridge/Tara Lee @ 7:33 am
- Bus #2 ~ Tara Lee/Stanley @ 7:36 am
- Bus #2 ~ Edna Mailboxes @ 7:37 am
SCHOOL FACILITIES PLAN DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER
If inclement weather impacts schools, the maintenance team will begin preparing schools by approximately 3:30 am. If there is less than 1 inch of snow, sidewalks will be deiced. If there is more than 1 inch of snow, then a full plow of schools will be initiated.