CHILD NUTRITION SERVICES
PROCEDURE FOR HANDLING
COMPLAINTS of DISCRIMINATION
- Complaints of discrimination must be filed within 180 day of the alleged discrimination.
- Complaints of discrimination should be given to Child Nutrition Services director, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. Director will forward to Food and Nutrition Services, Western Regional Office, San Francisco.
- Complaints of discrimination may be written or verbal. Use of a form is not required for a person filing a complaint. If a person is unwilling, unable, or not inclined to put the complaint in writing, the person taking the complaint shall do so. (complaint form is available below)
- Complaints of discrimination should contain as much as possible of the following information:
- Name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number or other means of contacting the complainant.
- The specific location and name of the entity proving the benefits.
- A description of a specific action that caused the complainant to believe that discrimination was a factor.
- Basis on which the complainant feels that discrimination occured (race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity).
- Name and titles, if known, and addresses of person who may have knowledge of the discriminatory action.
- The date(s) the alleged discriminatory actions occurred or the duration of such action.