Dear Medical Lake School District Families,
It has been a challenging start to the new year with the rise in Covid cases, freezing temperatures and snow days. However, we continue to do well given the circumstances because of the understanding, patience and the support we receive from our families and staff.
Our number one priority is to keep our schools safe and open for face-to-face instruction. However, we may have to go remote due to a large increase in covid positive cases impacting our students and staff. Below you will find the steps we will take if needed to shift to remote learning.
- If we need to go to remote learning it will be communicated through our school messenger system exactly like we do for school delays and closures.
- We will start remote learning with a 2 hour delay to allow for distribution of Chromebooks for grades K-5 and prepare for online course delivery. School schedules will follow the same schedule as if students were face-to-face with a 2 hour delay. If additional days of remote learning are needed, schools will follow current schedules.
- Transportation - will do multiple alternatives to stay up and running. For example, combining routes if safety protocols can be followed or delaying pick ups if a driver needs to do 2 routes in the morning and afternoon. We would also consider changing the scheduled school day with schools starting at various times. Note: If there is a change to your students route you will be informed by the transportation department.
- Food service - We have enough staff coverage to continue to provide breakfast and lunch to students. If we go remote we will deliver lunches via bus routes as we did last year.
- Schools - Before moving to remote learning district wide, we will consider having individual classrooms and/or schools going remote. Note: If individual classrooms or individual schools move to remote learning you will be informed by the building principal.
- The plan is that remote learning will only be a 5 to 10 day period depending on the number of students and staff needing to be quarantined.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the district office at 565-3100. I hope you have a wonderful three day weekend. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this challenging time.