Medical Lake School District Wellness Policy
Medical Lake School District #326 and its Board of Directors is committed to the optimal development of every student. The District believes that for students to have the opportunity to achieve personal, academic, developmental and social success, we need to create positive, safe and health-promoting learning environments at every level, in every setting throughout the school year.
Research shows good nutrition and physical activity are strongly correlated with positive outcomes.
The superintendent will designate (a) school official(s) to lead and coordinate the District’s compliance with the Wellness Policy and implement it within the current Curriculum Coordinating Council.
The designee will:
- update or modify the wellness policy as appropriate;
- involve, inform and update the public, students, parents and other stakeholders about content and implementation of the wellness policy;
- assess the wellness policy, at least once every 3 years, to measure compliance;
- ensure there are specific goals for nutrition promotion and education;
- ensure available foods and beverages follow Smart Snacks in Schools standards;
- ensure other food and beverages (i.e. classroom parties, parent provided snacks) follow Smart Snacks in Schools standards; and
- ensure marketing and advertising only of foods and beverages that meet Smart Snacks in Schools standards.
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN MEDICAL LAKE'S OWN BIGGEST LOSER?
Are you interested in getting into shape and having fun while you do?
Join Stormy Weathers for Medical Lake's Biggest Loser!
Biggest Loser is open to district employees, family members and friends over the age of 18.
Fall session begins September 8 and goes through December 15. No weigh-ins November 10 Thanksgiving week.
Weigh-Ins will be every Friday morning, 6:00 am - 8:00 am in the District Office board room.
You will have 12 opportunities to track and monitor: weight, body fat, hydration level, muscle mass, physique rating, basic metabolism rate, metabolic age, bone mass and visceral fat.
All of these measurements can be used as your personal fitness baseline to maintain, improve or just be aware of your own fitness.
Fall exercise group (ages 18+) will begin September 5 and meets Monday - Friday from 3:15 - 3:45 pm in the weight room at Medical Lake Middle School.
If you'd like to join Stormy in the Biggest Loser, please email email@example.com
g and include your name, height, age and email you'd like to receive Biggest Loser information.
Workouts use "Daily Burn", an internet program that features a different exercise routine every day. There are no certified instructors on hand, so please participate at your own risk