Come join us for DINNER!! The SENIOR ALL-NIGHTER is having a pizza night at the Pizza Factory next Monday, December 12th all day and 20% of all pizza and buffet purchases online or in-store will go to help support the MLHS Senior All-Nighter!! Thank you so much for the continuing support!!
We will also be having our Senior All-Nighter meeting on December 12th at 6pm at the Pizza Factory so if you have any questions or would like to help with the event, please join us.
Enhanced 2016-17 ACT score reports allow students and educators to gain more meaningful insights.
- ACT Readiness Ranges make it easier for students to understand which academic areas require additional assistance
- The Interest-Major Fit level score, an indication of whether students' interests match their collegiate pursuits
- Available resources to help students get the most from these new score reports
to register by
November 4 to avoid
1) The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application opens OCTOBER 1st this year! That means if your student will be attending any post-secondary institutions in 2017, you should fill this out. The closer you can fill it out to Oct. 1st, the better chance you have of getting aid if you qualify. Here is the website: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
2) Even if you think your income level will be too high, many institutions REQUIRE the FAFSA. It never hurts to fill it out, as your circumstances can change.
3) In order to submit the FAFSA, you must first create an "FSA ID." There are no longer pin numbers, so everyone must create an ID this year. Both student and parent need an FSA ID. You can go to fsaid.ed.gov to start the process now. 4) If you have questions or get "stuck" on the FAFSA, feel free to call any local institution's financial aid departments (i.e., SFCC, EWU, Gonzaga, etc.). They should be able to answer general questions even if you don't intend to apply there. You can also call FAFSA directly at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
The PSAT/NMSQT will be offered on Wednesday, October 19th at 7:55am in the Medical Lake High School auditorium. This test is available to students grades 9-12. The cost is $15 and can be paid to Ms. Patty in the business office. There are 100 tests available and students can sign-up on a first come, first serve basis. If your student would like to take the test, but the $15 fee is preventing them from being able to take the test please contact your student’s counselor and
they can help.
National Honors Society members are tutoring again at lunch in the counseling center! Tutors will be available every day, during lunch, from October-May. Please take advantage of this as a resource for students who might need extra help reviewing, making corrections or getting extra academic support.
Blankets being sold by ASB. $30.00 available in the office.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) REIMBURSEMENTS
If your student scored a 3,4,or 5 on their AP exam for the
2016 school year please submit the score report to the main office at the
High School for reimbursement.
You are eligible for the reimbursement of the exam fee for each exam with a score of 3,4 or 5.
The district office will automatically be sending a check by end of October.
BIG congratulations to Medical Lake School District for making it to the Advanced Placement Honor Roll! Medical Lake made the honor roll by maintaining or increasing the amount of students taking AP classes at the High School level and having more students achieving a score of 3 or higher on AP tests. To see a our name on the list click here. Congratulations to all the students, parents and teachers for making Medical Lake Schools great!
NEW MILITARY FAMILIES
WELCOME TO MEDICAL LAKE SCHOOL DISTRICT
for additional information
New Student Registration Forms
ATTENTION Choice Students
Choice forms are a required form.
If you are joining MLHS for the 2016-2017 school year the form must be returned
prior to participation in athletics and other school events.
Counselors will be checking that this obligation is met prior to making any requested schedule changes.
Medical Lake School District
PO Box 128
Medical Lake, Wa. 99022
or fax to 565-3102
for questions contact 565-3123
Welcome to MLHS
We are proud you are a Cardinal!
The Medical Lake School District No. 326 complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate with respect to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation including gender expression, or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, and provides equal access to the Boy scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district’s Title IX/RCW 28A.640 compliance officer and/or Section 504/ADA coordinator: Timothy D. Ames, Superintendent, P.O. Box 128, Medical Lake, WA 99022, (509) 565-3100.