IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR THE 2017/18 PLAN YEAR
Please see information below regarding the termination of Kaiser PPO plans, effective November 1, 2017.
OPEN ENROLLMENT IS AUGUST 25, 2017 - SEPTEMBER 29, 2017
You are able to change your elections during the Open Enrollment period. Unless you experience a qualified status change, you will not be able to change your enrollment election until the next Open Enrollment period.
2017/18 MAJOR PLAN DESIGN CHANGES
- The District is offering Premera medical plans outside of the WEA this year.
- Rates have decreased by nearly 7% compared to last year's WEA Premera rates. (See plan comparisons, under documents, below.)
- All plans are in the Heritage Plus Network,
- There is no longer a separate out-of-pocket maximum for prescription medications.
- Massage therapy no longer needs prior authorization.
- Life insurance increased from $12,500 (last year) to $25,000
- Vision coverage is now included in all Premera medical plans
Kaiser Permanente HMO (formerly Group Health)
- Rates have increased by 9.9% for all plans; however, there are no benefit changes.
Kaiser Permanente PPO (formerly Group Health)
- No longer offered effective November 1, 2017.
- If you are enrolled in a Kaiser PPO plan, your plan terminates on October 31, 2017. As a result, you must make a new medical plan selection.
- Rates have decreased from $103.80 (2016/17) to $101.70 per month, with no plan changes.
- There are no rate or plan changes for the 2017/18 plan year.
2017/18 Benefit Allocation
- The State allocation for benefits is $820.00 per month, per 1.0 FTE. This is an increase from $780 per month last year.
Customer Service: 1-855-756-0798
Kaiser Permanente PPO
Terminates November 1, 2017
Step 4 in the dental enrollment/plan change process is to contact WEA/AON Hewitt in order to complete your enrollment/changes.
The Washington Dental Services Web Site is your resource for all kinds of information about your dental coverage and how it works for you. Once you are enrolled in the plan, go to the WDS home page and do the one time easy registration process. After registration you will be able to access the MySmile personal benefits center, which offers personalized benefits information and strategies for improving your oral health.
Here are a few examples of online features you will find on MySmile:
Find A Dentist Lists the more than 2,600 Washington Dental Service preferred providers in Washington state, so you can find a dentist near your home or office. The directory is linked to the Delta Dental Plans Association's nationwide dentist directory, Dentist Search, which lists the more 132,000 dentists who belong to the Delta Dental network nationwide.
Allows you to check your plan coverage and eligible benefits.
Claim Status (you will need to sign in with a user name and password) Lets you check the status of current claims and view previous payments online.
Print ID Card (you will need to sign in with a user name and password)
Access to printable version of ID Card.
Lets you view your explanation of benefits and pre-determinations online.